- What have I done today?
- Meeting with another new client about a UX Review project they’d like us to do. It’s my favourite type of project. Something people have to do but don’t want to do. So how do we make it super easy? So having to do it doesn’t add to the negative column in your life. It’s not sexy, but it has an impact.
- I Ran a client through some design/UX work today, went well. Dan, as always, knocked it out of the park.
- A thought occurred to me today when we discussed expanding the system’s CMS capability to include a horizontal rule to separate content blocks. We discussed moving from using a standard HTML HR to allowing the editor to change colour/style. On the face of it, it’s a simple job, but what bout the future? Every time they get a new client, will they want a stylised line for them? If so, that’s additional development, maintenance and cost. How is that better than what they do now? Currently, they upload an image to act as an HR which they can customise without additional dev work. Perhaps we should design a pseudo HR, which is the same functionality as now but shows a default grey line, which they can replace with an image.
- I also had a pleasant discussion with a partner about our ongoing relationship, which made me think about our why and why I started UXC and what I want for the future.
- Reading: Makers by Cory Doctorow
- Wordle: 6/6 today was a hard one, and I’m still suspicious about my wordle group results!