2022-11-23 – Wednesday
- One of our client’s apps has an authentication issue.
- People are able to log in but can’t access their learning content in the app.
- This is notable for two reasons:
- Firstly: The auth services were written by a third-party developer, who has left the project, and no one understands the project or even the programming language.
- There was a sync function written to solve this problem, but no one at the clients knows how this function works, so when it doesn’t work, everyone is left scratching their heads.
- Secondly: I have to pull Josh temporarily onto the project to understand the syncing function, discover what it’s supposed to do and figure out what the underlying cause of the problem is.
- We are not directly responsible for this API. Still, as is the way, we have found ourselves in a position where we need to temporarily take ownership to resolve the issue and generate a positive outcome.
- Reading: Makers by Cory Doctorow
- Wordle 522 – i forgot to do wordle 😢