2011-11-29 – Tuesday
- I’ve been sitting in a freezing cold car in Oxford tonight, and instead of reflecting on my day and making my daily notes, I’ve been reading.
- I’m not sorry, apart from last Saturday I’ve fallen out of the habit of reading for fun.
- So it’s been nice to spend time immersed in another world.
- Tam and Ellie are at a gig (Scouting for Girls) at the O2 Academy, and because of the shit rail system in the UK, Tam couldn’t get a train to Oxford and back today.
- It’s currently 22.20, and they’re still not out, so it would have been impossible for her to get back to Southampton.
- As it is, I’m pretty worried about Ellie travelling back to her flat in London at this time of night!
- I’ve got half a mind to suggest she comes home with us, and I’ll take her to the train first thing in the morning.
- I expect she’ll say no, but it’s worth a go.
- Reading: Peripheral by William Gibson
- Wordle 528: 5/6