- Trust, clarity and transparency
- Communicate early, communicate often
- Ask stupid questions, create smart solutions.
- If in doubt go voice… even better go video.
- People don’t know what they want until you show them
- People prefer movement
- focus on outcomes, not assets
- Clarify requirements as you give shape to the outcomes
- Good design is people focused but UI lead.
- Complexity always exists. It’s either in the User interface or in the underlying system. Decided where it belongs
- We are not #wireframemonkeys. we solve business problems through user centred design.
- You are an expert, do not be afraid to give and defend your expertise.
Experience Design Process
- Define the outcome – Ignoring the UI, what is the client trying to achieve? What are the contexts and constraints that might apply to the person trying to use the product or services (a person’s time is expensive, technology isn’t). Questions to ask: What’s happening now? What do they want to happen? What’s the difference.
- Understand the problem space – Model the experience as a user journey. Do this before anything else and you won’t regret it!
- Design solutions not assets. Assets are a communication tool, not the end state of a project.