2022-11-19 – Saturday
- Busy day, Christmas food shopping. Derc had an M&S voucher which we split 50/50. We ended up buying loads of finger foods which we could freeze for Christmas.
- Of course, our freezer is full, and Tam tells me we need another freezer!
- This is frustrating because we’ve got an American-style fridge freezer, so you’d be forgiven for thinking that we had all the freezer capacity we needed
- But alas, no. We can’t seem to freeze any more than we used to when we had a much smaller under-counter freezer. Volume-wise they appear to be the same.
- Anyway, a new freezer is arriving on Wednesday.
- Just because everything is bigger in America, don’t assume that American-style European fridge freezers will be too!
- Back to the finger foods, I’m especially looking forward to the mini sausage in batters and the reindeer bau buns.
- Sadly, I noticed that the finger foods of my youth are not represented in the M&S Christmas range. There was no prawn vol-au-vent, for starters!
- Reading: Makers by Cory Doctorow
- Wordle 518: 4/6