2022-12-08 – Thursday
- Retail App: No significant defects are being raised from the Pen test.
- That’s great news because it means we’ll be able to go live soon.
- I wrote a quote for a new client. It’s an eight-week UI/UX Alignment project across several software products.
- This is becoming a more common request where orgs are building software suits but are not ensuring there’s consistency between the products.
- I see this type of request more often when software companies are building multiple products but haven’t developed a coherent design/IA approach.
- Over time the inconsistency builds, and the companies need a fresh pair of eyes to untangle the mess and simplify the approach.
- I had a great chat with the team there and it felt like UXC will be a good fit for them, but you never know with these things.
- The contact was via the new UXC website, which shocked me so much that I nearly assumed the contact was spam!
- The team are making good progress on our ongoing projects.
- Dan (my number 2) is brilliant as always managing our relationship with a critical partner, doing UX work and marking sure Nat and Ruth are looked after.
- I don’t know what I’d do without Dan!
- The rest of the day was unremarkable, except a data migration project we’re doing is proving to be a right pain in the arse.
- I’m seriously contemplating migrating manually, given the SharePoint Migration tool is not up to the job.
- I’ll turn a corner with this tomorrow. I just can’t believe there isn’t a decent tool for syncing two cloud storage accounts.
- Played Yhatz and the sock game with Tam tonight. I lost both games but had fun
- Reading: Peripheral by William Gibson
- Wordle 537: 4/6. That’s more like it.