2022-12-02 – Friday
- Super busy day. We were preparing the app we built for Three’s Retail team for a Penetration test next week.
- It wasn’t entirely successful either, which was quite frustrating.
- Our app has to be deployed on the Intune-managed iPad
- Which means we had to rebuild it with the enterprise certs.
- We finally got the certs and the provisioning profiles, but some things went wrong, and the provision profiles and the certs have gotten out of sync.
- In future, we should be able to deploy the app via VPP (volume purchase program), but as we’re trying to pen test the v2 app, we have a catch-22 issue.
- We can’t release it to the store without the existing v1 user base getting updated
- We can’t upgrade the apps until the Pen test has happened!
- So we’re trying ever more complex, and truth be told, desperate solutions to get the app on the iPads for testing.
- We’ve not been successful yet, so time to let the grey matter work over the weekend, and we will come up with something appropriate for Monday.
- Reading: Peripheral by William Gibson
- Wordle 531: 6/6
One thought on “19: Pen test”