2022-12-04 – Sunday
- Super early start this Sunday morning (6am) as Tam and I were heading to Hemel Hempstead.
- What’s In Hemel Hempstead that would drag my sorry arse out of bed at 06.00 on a Sunday?
- The answer is 66 Books, a trade-only book wholesaler that once a month throws open its doors to the general public, offering books at 70% off jacket price.
- If you follow booktok, you may have heard of them earlier in the year as they went viral and broke Hemel Hempstead!
- The last time Tam and I went, we arrived at 10.00, a mere hour after it opened, to be confronted with a 2h 30m wait.
- So I wasn’t looking forward to waiting in the freezing cold for our turn to browse the stacks of books.
- Imagine my surprise then, when we arrived at 09.15 and were not only able to park in the main car park but were able to walk right it!
- We spend the best part of 2 hours browsing the books.
- When we went to pay, we got £180s of books for £55. Thank you very much.
- When we got home, I went to the local winter bizarre.
- I love craft shows.
- It’s amazing to see all the inventiveness.
- I don’t know about you, but when I grew up, ‘homemade’ crafts used to be a byword for tacky, but not any more, my friends.
- The things I saw on sale were first class. Very impressive.
- It is hardly surprising with the high-quality tools available at home, Cricut, Glowforge, etc.
- Had lamb roast for dinner.
- Feeling very blessed today.
- England 3 – Sénégal 0 – usually, when I watch an international football match England loses.
- Reading: Peripheral by William Gibson
- Wordle 533: 4/6